Footsteps was founded by a group of volunteers who were committed to making sure families had access to support when they needed it. Volunteers continue to be central to our success as an organisation, and enable our staff to offer quality support to as many clients as possible.
We value our volunteers greatly, and in return aim to offer them regular support and supervision, training opportunities, rewarding work, not to mention a friendly team here at Footsteps.
We know that our Volunteers have many skills and talents to offer when they come to work with us. Here are just some of the ways that Volunteers can help Footsteps…
Awareness raising and promotions, office administration, helping facilitate training, helping to support our groups, fundraising, events photographer, writing articles for newsletters etc.
We also have student counsellors on placement with us from time to time.
Volunteer Outreach Worker
- To support the work of Footsteps by raising awareness of our services.
- Attend community centres and venues to raise awareness of Footsteps service.
- Ensure target locations have our leaflets.
- Attend meetings and training as needed.
- Good verbal communication skills, good listening skills and organisational skills.
- To support with the Finance Director with Admin and Bookkeeping.
- Experience of bookkeeping and/or a background in Finance or Accounting is essential.